Monster Encyclopedia #3
Hi guys! This page has a list of monsters that is commonly talk about in training spots. For instance:
1) What monster should I train on for my job (e.g. warrior-crusader) at level (e.g. level 90) ?
2) Where to train for that particular monster ? (small map, less walking distance, good spawn rate)
3) Which monster gives the best drop/meso ? (farming meso)
4) Which monster to train on that does not cost me to spam pots ? (normal training)
5) Which monster is best to earn Exp ? I don’t mind about spamming pots (power-leveling)
Below is a list of monsters categorised by their level, each has their own details that answers one or more of the following questions mentioned above. This monster encyclopedia (part 2) covers monster from level 61 to level 120. This page is useful for early 3rd job advancement to 4th job players.
Monster Level 61 – 120:
Stone Gollem, Dark Stone Gollem, Mixed Gollem, Red Drake
Stone Gollem : 4000 Hp, 170 Exp, 256-384 Meso | Dark Gollem : 4800 Hp, 200 Exp, 280-420 Meso
Mixed Gollem : 6000 Hp, 210 Exp, 296-477 Meso | Red Drake : 6000 Hp, 220 Exp, 304-456 Meso
Stone Gollem and Dark Stone Gollem provides decent Exp (for Lv 50-60 players) while Mixed Gollem and Red Drake is good to training targets for Lv 60-75 players. Mixed Gollem and Red Drake drops good sum of meso (farming meso!) is possible here. Red Drake drops steely (throwing star) once awhile which is sold for a high price in free market. Dark Stone Gollem drops tobi (throwing star) but its less powerful than steely.
- Hidden Street: Dangerous Valley II (Red Drake)
- Hidden Street: The Forest of Gollem (Mixed Gollem, Dark Stone Gollem)
- Victoria Road: Gollem’s Temple III, IV
- Hidden Street: The Breathing Rock (Stone Gollem)
- Victoria Road: The Entrance of Gollem’s Temple (Stone Gollem)
Water Goblin : 7100 Hp, 220 Exp, 300-400 Meso
This monster can only be found in Zipangu: Vanished Village. This monster is the best for farming meso and drops. It drops lots of potions/pots (mana elixirs). However, this place is not good for Exp since its Hp is much more than Mixed Gollem/Red Drake. This monster is an alternative when Mixed Gollem and Red Drake maps are over crowded. Water Goblin map once awhile crowded with high level players who visit this map to earn additional meso.
Selkie Jr, Slimy
Selkie Jr : 5500 Hp, 220 Exp, ??? Meso | Slimy : 5800 Hp, 250 Exp, ??? Meso
Selkie Jr drops steely throwing star (favorite among assassin/hermit) and Slimy drops tobi throwing star. Both of these star can be sold for a high price. These monsters provide decent meso and Exp (Lv 60-80 players). MP3 also known as Mysterious Path 3 is usually crowded with many MapleStory players because it gives good Exp similar to Mixed Gollem, but has better drops.
- Mysterious Path 3 (also known as MP3) (Selkie Jr + Slimy)
- Singapore: Ghost Ship 2 (Slimy)
- Singapore: Ghost Ship 5 (Selkie Jr)
Monster Level 61 – 70:
Buffy, Soul Teddy, Officer Skeleton, Ice Drake, Mr Ali:
Buffy : 7400 Hp, 230 Exp, 312-468 Meso | Soul Teddy : 7600 Hp, 245 Exp, 328-492 Meso
Officer Skeleton : 7500 Hp, 240 Exp, 328-492 Meso | Ice Drake : 7700 Hp, 250 Exp, 324-486 Meso
Mr Ali : 7800 Hp, 250 Exp, ??? Meso
These monsters are not so popular since they do not come in mobs, and they are located within a very large map. (lots of walking to reach to a monster) However, this is an alternative when you could not find any slots/space in the popular areas like MP3 (Slimy + Jr Selkie) or Mixed Gollems.
- Ludibrium: Forgotten Path of Time 1 (Soul Teddy)
- Ludibrium: Warped Path of Time 1
Yeti, Dark Yeti, Tauromacis, Mr Anchor:
Yeti : 11000 Hp, 255 Exp, 328-492 Exp | Dark Yeti : 13000 Hp, 265 Exp, 342-479 Meso
Tauromacis : 15,000 Hp, 270 Exp, 340-500 Meso | Mr Anchor : 11,500 Hp, 275 Exp, 332-495 Meso
Yeti and Tauromacis is popular before 3rd job and 4th job advancement (2 years ago) when there is no Mixed Gollem or MP3. 2nd job players take them as one of the most powerful monsters to be defeated. Now, Yeti is not popular anymore due to monster lower level than Yeti provides better Exp rate.
- El Nath: Icy Cold Field
- El Nath: Ice Valley II
Note to readers!
Some monsters which does not have location stated means I have not explored those map yet. If you do know some good location for a particular monster to train on, leave a comment below!