Title: MapleStory Magician Introduction – Fire/Poison, Ice/Lightning and Cleric
Welcome maplers/beginners! Need a guide before you begin your long journey from as a magician? You have come to the right place! This guide covers about what is actually a magician all about, what’s so special about playing this job, and what could this job offers you for the next 2nd, 3rd and 4th job advancement. Sounds interesting? Grab a drink and read on!
Contents at a Glance
What is a magician?
Magician use spell/magic to attack monster. They use staff and wand. They also have pretty-looking dress and has nice spell animation when they cast. These guys are able to attack enemies in different range (close and far). Bowman and Thief (assassin) has limited ange while attacking and Warrior needs to approach monsters closely to hit them. Mage is also known for KS (kill steal) since they could accidentally eliminate the monsters that other people is killing as they have range attack ability. If you have KS without intention, please say sorry else the other party would be angry.
Below is the hierarchy order of Pirate advancement:
(Click to view skill build)
Magician -> Fire/Poison Wizard -> F/P Mage -> F/P Archmage
Magician -> Ice/Lightning Wizard -> I/L Mage -> I/L Archmage
Magician -> Cleric Wizard -> Priest Mage -> Bishop
Why be a magician? (Magician Skill Build)
– Magician has the highest MP (mana points)
– Magician has the fastest MP recovery
– Magician gains more Max MP and Mp recovery with every INT they add into their stats.
– Has element advantage against weak element monsters. (e.g. Holy against undead monster)
– Have high magic defense against monster magic attacks.
– Unlike Bowman and Assassin, Magicians could attack even at very close range (like warriors)
– Has less health among other jobs, and easily die against high-level monsters without magic guard.
– Magician low level armours provide low weapon defense.
– Difficult to level from level 4 – 8 (beginner)
– consumes lots of potions especially Mp Pots.
What type of magician suits me?
Once you have completed your 1st job advancement as a magician, you will be able to choose a special magician sub-class in MapleStory. Each of this class has its own distinct skills when they reach 3rd job and 4th job. However, the skills at 2nd job is pretty much the same. These 3 sub-classes are cleric, fire/poison and ice/lightning. Each has its own pros and cons.
– Uses Fire and Poison element to deal extra damage to monsters that are weak against it.
– Deals the highest damage compare to ice/lightning and cleric using Fire Element
– Uses Poison Element to stact damage over time along with Fire Element (Poison Brace/Poison Myst)
– Most skills are offense and lack of defensive skills except for (Seal, Slow)
– Uses Ice and Lightning element to deal extra damage to monsters that are weak against it.
– Ice Element able to Freeze monsters at their track to prevent them from counter attacking.
– Uses Lightning to deal damage to many monsters.
– Ice/Lightning is basically half offense and defense (mid of Fire/Poison and Cleric)
Cleric (more info…)
– Uses Holy element to deal extra damage to monsters that are weak against it.
– Ultimate Meso Saver (MP Eater on Undead that has high MP capacity + Heal)
– Very High Survivability (Magic Guard + Bless + Invincible + Maple Hero)
– Many Party Skills (Heal, Resurrection, Bless, Holy Symbol, Dispel, Mystic Door, etc)
– Fast Leveler (Cleric have mob skills on 2nd, 3rd and 4th job)
– Weak Damage (Cleric deal the least damage compare to Fire/Poison and Ice/Lightning Magician)
– Requires Stable Internet when playing in a map with many people (support them with party skills)
What stats magician need? (AP Allocation)
INT attribute is the most important attribute for magician (primary attribute). It determines the amount of magic attack you can inflict on a monster and Max Mp gained per level up but Mp recovery is affected by your level, not INT. (Mp Recovery Formula). LUK is the 2nd primary Magician attribute for equipments (weapon/armour/shoe/etc), it increases avoidability and reduces exp lost to maximum of 5%.
So, roll your dice to have the least STR and DEX. (Best stats is 13 INT, 4 LUK, 4 STR, 4 DEX). The requirement to be magician is level 8 with at least 20 Int (Intelligent).
Perfect magician stats on rolling dice
The perfect build for a magician is to roll the dice at: (both STR and DEX is 4)
STR and DEX is not required for equiping weapon/armour. LUK is for equipment.
STR : 4
DEX : 4
LUK : 4
INT : 13
AP Allocation for 3 Types of Magician (more info…)
There are 3 types of magician. All these 3 are different because they base on the amount of INT and LUk they have in their character stats. Below is the explanation for each type:
How to spend AP (ability points) into character ability?
There are 3 types of magician builds, Pure INT, Low LUK and Normal Magician.
Pure INT magician deals massive damage but requires lots of meso to maintain that profile.
Low LUK magician is between Pure INT and Normal build damage.
Normal magician deals normal damage, easy to maintain with little meso in hand!
Basically, their LUK (luck) attribute must be equivalent to (character level + 3). The balance AP is added into INT. You can either add 4 Int and 1 LUK each level up OR All AP’s into INT and add enough LUK to equip your next equipment. AP is added into LUK (luck) because the higher level equipment or weapon requires LUK in order to wear them. With higher level equipments, it provides them with additional weapon defense against physical attack and does not need much funding (lots of meso) to maintain this type of magician. One great advantage of Normal Magician is they have higher LUK than Pure INT as LUK provides additional avoidability against monster attacks. It also reduces the Exp lost to 5% or less per death.
Not much difference compare to normal magician and pure INT magician. A low-LUK magician just caps his/her INT at a certain point, and add INT all the way. You could switch to normal magician if you could not handle pure INT style.
Add all AP into INT as you level up, simple as that! Pure INT magicians rack up crazy damage at low and high level. They have more Mp capacity then normal build, and extremely powerful magic defense. However, Pure Int have extremely weak weapon defense since they do not have sufficient LUK (luck) attribute to wear higher level equipments/scrolls. They only could equip common items that are godly scrolled to boost their overall INT or else their damage would be same as normal magician. Player should be highly funded to maintain this type of character. Also, LUK (luck) attribute determines how much Exp you would lose if your character die (KO). Warning: Pure Int Magician losses 10% Exp per death.
MapleStory Useful Links:
Magician Training Ground (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th job)
Ultimate Meso Saver
Clerics have the ability to heal themselves and deactivate magic guard during training. Also, with Mp Eater, they could drain Mp from monsters quickly too. Since undead has the higher Mp capacity for Cleric to train with Mp Eater on, they save more pots than other magician class. In short, they would be training pot-less (no need to buy many Hp and Mp potions. (Hp Potion is still needed for emergency cases like when you are on stun status, you could not heal yourself and unable to activate magic guard!)
Very high survivability:
Invincible Skill reduces 30% phsyical attack/magic, magic guard removes 80% of the damage, and bless further minimised received damage with additional weapon and magic defense. So, if boss monster hits you (e.g. Anego Slap), a Dragon Knight with hyperbody could not survive that blow, but Cleric can! Other classes (except Hp Warrior) will instant KO (die).
Cleric/Priests/Bishops are very welcome in parties!
They have great supportive/party skill: Heal, Bless, Holy Symbol, Dispel, Ressurection, etc.
Cleric on 2nd, 3rd and 4th job have mob skill (heal, Shinning Ray and Genesis). All these 3 allow Cleric to train quickly. However, 4th job Genesis consumes -3500 Mp. (not a cheap skill, but good combo with Infinity – No mana consumption for 40 seconds!)
Low Damage during Cleric and Priest Class:
This magician class basically support characters, so it’s only fair that they deal lower damage compared to other classes. For those who are looking for high damage, cleric/priest is not a suitable for you Once you reach Bishop, player can do decent damage with the cost of high Mp consumption.
Requires Stable Internet Connection:
Most high level monsters that Priest/Bishop train deals high damage which can kill you within 2 hits. If your magic guard (or with invincible) are deactivated while you are lagging, you might be killed. Also, Cleric/Priest/Bishop are usually in party, so this means more players, more lag it will become. Example: Zakum Party Quest has 30 players fighting, and within a split second, if you could not heal your party members on time, they die!